Engr. Alexander Dolauta
Ground Floor, Municipal Annex Bldg. Poblacion, Dauis
The Municipal Engineering Office is primarily responsible in the administration and implementation of infrastructure development and public works project of the Local Government Unit.
The Municipal Engineer is also mandated to act as the Local Building Official. As such, he shall be responsible in the enforcement of the provisions of the National Building Code (PD 1096) and its IRR, such as, but not limited to the administrative control and/ or supervision of all activities relating to the processing & issuance of Building Permits and Certificates of Occupancy covering the construction, addition, repair, renovation and/or demolition of buildings/structures within the locality.
- To initiate, review and recommend changes in policies and objectives, plans and programs, techniques, procedures and practices in infrastructure development and public works in general of the local government unit;
- Advise the Mayor in infrastructure, public works and other engineering matters;
- Administer, coordinate, supervise and control the construction, maintenance, improvement and repair/rehabilitation of public buildings, roads, bridges and other engineering and public projects of the local government;
- Provide engineering services to the local government unit concerned including technical investigation and survey, engineering design, feasibility studies and project management;
- Strict and impartial enforcement of the provisions of Building Code and its IRR, as well as circulars, memoranda, opinions and decisions/ orders issued pursuant thereto;
- Accomplish other duties and task of the Building Official as may be assigned by the DPWH Secretary from time to time;
- To exercise other powers and performance of such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.